• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AIA Solicitors PPI claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIA Solicitors PPI claim

I hope you can help me with this issue

In August 2019 just before the end of PPI claims I came across a website to check if I can claim ppi I filed forms online in but camt remembner if I actually signed it . I never heard anything back from them so assumed they forgot about me I filled in a form to claim PPI myself from my bank HSBC and sent it by mail just before the end of the claims .I never heard anything back from HSBC so I forgot all about it

Fast forward to 29th of May when I got an email from AIA Solicitors claiming I got a PPI payment from my bank and they want their money 20% plus vat .... I actually thought it was a scam of some sort but when I checked with the bank the money was in my account and the solicitors also emailed me letter from HSBC of the offer . The money had been in my account for 5 weeks without me knowing

i have asked AIA Solicitors of proof of my letter of authority which they sent me and it is nothing like my signature , just a scribble . They told me they got my case through a third party , I assume the original google ad for ppi check

Could you please advise me whether I have to pay them ? As they are threatening to take me to court The invoice is for nearly £10.000

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X