• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneybarn rejecting vehicle help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybarn rejecting vehicle help please

Hi Guys, Im after a bit of assistance with the above. I purchased BMW 2 SERIES last October - a little under 3 years old and have had problems since week 3, i will do a timeline of events so far for ease of reference

1. Cylinder 1, 2 and 3 misfires* 8th nov 2019 - took to BMW leicester as still under warranty - also informed the garage i bought it from. Didnt inform moneybarn at the time as i thought would be sorted.

2. BMW decoked inlet ports, and replaced manifold, injector 1 and 3 and other parts - returned to me 15/11

3 Code back - misfire within 48 hrs - booked back into BMW - they called after a day or two and said they were scratching thier heads - have a curtosy car on us, we need to keep it

4. After nearly a month and other bits replaced including ecu - BMW still not really sure - lots of carbon - possible previous contaminated fuel as shards in the diesel maybe from the fuel tank decomposing - then a sorry - we wont touch it now not our fault so you needs to pay for drainage or new fuel system .. eek - eekk - reluctantly i pay £200 odd to drain and replace filters. The said fingers crossed it will sort it. Car received back 12th Dec

5. Car ok for a month or so* - light then comes on again so have local friend mechanic has a look - rough idle - replaces one blown glow plug - removes code - runs ok ish again til mid feb.

6 - Had enough - suspension starts to clunk drivers side.

7 - raise complaint with moneybarn - not happy with vehicle - detailing some of the above - request repair - quote consumer rights act 2015 - not fit for purpose and full of defects within th 6 months.

8. Responded fobbing me off last week

9 - i responded yesterday and quoting the CRA and CCA - i am rejecting the vehicle.

10 - they have responded today wanting an independent inspection - i have not as yet sent any of my bmw invoices as i believe the onus is on them.

So my questions are

1. Do i allow the inspection?
    2. Do i send the bmw invoices ?
    3, Does it go against me if i stop payments?
    4. What should my next response be ?

Your help would be muchly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X