• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ not set aside-PCN and CCJ issued at old address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ not set aside-PCN and CCJ issued at old address

Hi,

I would like some advice on how to get the CCJ cancelled.

Current Sate: Request to set aside CCJ in Huddersfield County court has been dismissed on 27/01/2020

Series of Events:
    1) Suddenly become a sole carer for a 11year old boy in first week of January2019. Purchased a used car on 08/02/2019 in London, was residing in North London.
    2) Shifted to Halifax (West Yorkshire) on 09/02/2019 as new IT contract work scheduled to start from 11/02/2019, stayed in a hotel from 09/02 till 14/02
    3) Rented a Flat in Halifax since 15/02/2019. Driving licence was updated in February 2019.
    4) The V5C was sent to old London Address probably in February as informed by the car trader. Tried to retrieve the V5C from old address, contacted the agent was advised she is not dealing with that property anymore.
    5)Requested new V5C from DVLA in April 2019, don't recall the dates and can't check records as it was sent by post. Received the V5C on 17/05/2019
    6) Parked the car on the premises of an indoor golf shop in Halifax on 21/04/2019 @ 8:30 pm. It was a bank holiday weekend and it’s free parking available on the high streets and around after 6pm in general. It was my first time visit to that store with my son and the first thing I did was to check with the staff if I can park the car there for free and the staff said yes.
    The staff didn't tell me that I need to enter my Car registration number which will give me 3 hours free parking and I didn't notice the sign either and was in the mood of entertaining my son and playing as I was told by the staff that I can park there for free.
    7)My contract job ended early November 2019 and was shocked to see the credit score dropped from excellent to poor. Applied for a credit report on 20 November only to realise that I was issued a CCJ by a Parking services company for parking the car on 21/04/2019 at Galactic Golf premises without a valid ticket. The CCJ and all correspondence was sent to the London address.
    8) Applied to set CCJ aside on 29/11/2019,
    9) On 27/01/2020 had a 15-minute trial where the Judge said that I should have entered my Car registration number to get 3 hours free parking and the CCJ won’t be set aside.

My personal circumstances where I became sole responsible parent to a child,who was out of school until March, me being a contract IT worker settling in a new place and adjusting with all these changes wasn’t easy.

I have no other defaults, missed payment/late payments. This CCJ will affect my professional life as I will be ineligible to work on any govt projects requiring security clearance, ineligible to work on financial client projects , get some finance to start my business and also impacts my personal life as I won’t be able to secure any mortgage.

Can you advise me if there is anything I can do and how?
    Last edited by vijvij; 30th January 2020, 16:27:PM.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X