• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrongly Applies CCJ on my name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongly Applies CCJ on my name

Hi,

I had an outstanding balance on my service charge of £900 on a buy to let property, I had cleared all the amount previously and was in discussion with them regarding the inappropriate increases they had applied.

During this time there was an outstanding debt on the account, they contacted their lawyers who decided to take me to court. *The unfortunate part of all of this is that they sent the summons to the buy to let property, not my actual address...

6 months prior to any debt, I had warned the service agency that I was going to be living abroad and all communication should be done by email or phone number until I got my new address, during our conversations regarding the service charge increases we had been in contact frequently on email and phone calls.

During this time I had paid off the debt and cleared my account, a month later I got a letter from my Bank stating the management agency had got a summons from the courts issuing a CCJ on my buy to let the address of 3500 which was paid by the bank and a CCJ issued on my name.

So not only had I had paid the debt, I now paid it twice via my mortgage provider and was in arrears. *I still have a CCJ on my name which has yet to be cleared. *I have asked the company to remove the CCJ and issue compensation as at the time of the issuing of CCJ there was no debt to pay. *They wrongly applied the CCJ, the solicitors of the company have absolved all responsibility and I need to prove I was I have made a loss as a result of the CCJ being wrongly applied, never mind I paid the debt twice, plus the cost of going to courts that was un-necessary as I did not have any debts.

I have to move back to my home country and lease a car, rent a house and potentially remortgage, I know the CCJ is still on my name, despite no debt, then the debt being settled within 30days, and acknowledgement from the management agency the debt was paid twice.

I am down £2500 from the solicitor who contacted my buy to let property despite telling the management agency I was in the process of moving 6 months ago, issuing a summons knowing I wouldn't receive therefore couldn't attend and then issuing a CCJ on a debt that was clear 14 days before the court date?*

Any guidance on this would be helpful.*

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X