• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sold a dodgy car... Is it too late!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold a dodgy car... Is it too late!

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and would be grateful for some advice.
    Basically I purchased a car in July 2018 by part exchanging my car and doing a bacs transfer for the rest.
    Firstly I purchased the car with full service history. The dealer said the book was left at the service centre but assured me its definitely fully stamped. He offered to post ASAP so I said fine.
    A month later I hadn't received. He said he posted it and I should get it. I waited and again nothing. He then said it obviously got lost in the post nothing he can do. I demanded my money back and he got very rude and said take me to court if you want your money back. So I got the copy of the ad showing full service and full point check done on all cars then started a claim with small claims court.
    After this I went through a nasty divorce and had to move etc and the claim was forgotten. I took the car for an mot and it passed with a minor oil leak and tray covers fitted.
    Anyway I put the car up for sale as I cannot afford to run a 3litre TDi 7 seateqtr anymore and it needed a few things doing. I took it to a local garage who told me it had no dpf filter. He told me it would be a few thousands to replace! I really want to take the dealer to court or something. I called him and he said why are you calling me so long after owning the car. Why not call me sooner. He was very intimidating as I'm a woman. He just repeated the same statement over again until I put the phone down. Was it not illegal for him ti sell me a car with no dpf and the mot garage clearly didn't spot it and is it too late for me to do anything about this? The car cost around £13000!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X