• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj advice

Hello, myself and my boyfriend worked for a man who had his own chain of shops. This man offered us jobs in a new location in a new shop that was more like a market stall. I had no previous work with this man but my boyfriend had worked for him for years. This man I'll name Trev, was on a promotional lease with the market stall. Trev decided to close the stall and offered to start a partnership between my boyfriend and Trev to bulk buy produce so my boyfriend agreed.

We were both made to sign an informal piece of paper handwritten by trev that said in 3 lines that this was the deal. I was told to sign as a witness to this deal so I did so. I never saw trev again. My boyfriend started to receive bad advice from trev and saw that trev was coming up with new ways to add money onto new deals that my boyfriend never agreed to but always kept up with payments for the stock agreements.

Trev took myself and my boyfriend to court for the sale of 2 shops. Trev made up fake documents and signatures to take this to court. The judge saw that there were no signatures for a 2nd shop but ruled my boyfriend agreed to buy a 2nd shop because he had bought stock off trev for the 2nd shop. Because I had signed the piece of paper for the first shop, the judge said myself and my boyfriend are liable for the purchase of the first shop.

I am now having to pay half of the total value of shop 1and courts fees or the sheriff is to be sent to me within days. I havevhad no income since leaving employment to trev and as he faked myself buying shop 1 I have not earned anything from any shops as I am not self employed that trev claimed I was. I have not had paid work since and cannot offer any payments with no income. What should I do?

Thank you.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X