• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trying to force sale even though we own 50/50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to force sale even though we own 50/50

Hey so this is my issue

In the january of 2017 me and my husband brought a house.
    The house cost 225,000
    we were both gifted a deposit of 22,500

soon after we got married in august 2017
    Around october time. My husband decided to leave me.

I never asked him to leave but he abandoned me and the property.
    he continued to pay his part of the mortgage.
    I offered to cover his half of the mortgage but he declined

his solicitor contacted me, on several occasions. Claiming there was a deed of trust.
    this has since turned out to be a lie.
    they also claimed that the deposit was 50,000.
    this too turned out to be a lie.
    They had lied about the deposit amount, and if i had agreed to the sale. They would have taken the entire money i put into the property.
    i believe that they are trying to strong arm me out of the property.
    and extort money from me through lies.

the money was gifted from my ex husbands side of the family.
    however they gifted it to both of us, as my ex husband had mental health issues.

he had paranoid schizophrenia. I had been emotionally and financally caring for him for over a year.

so we both own 50/50 with no deed of trust. However i have lived here alone for a year.
    he was never made to leave the property. Him and his solicitor have lied on several occasions to try and force a sale.

he lives with his parents currently. This property is my only home.
    i do not want to live here forever.
    i would instead like to stay in the property until the fixed term part of the mortgage is up (another 3 years) i dont expect him to pay as id cover all mortgage repayments.
    after the 3 years, id agree a no contest sale. Where he could keep all the deposit. As well as any money made from the sale of the house.

can he force me to sell?
    and if he tries to make me, i imagine im allowed a fixed sum payment?
    of the 10,000 i put in (mortgage)
    and 11,000 (deposit)
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X