• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays VT issues - please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays VT issues - please help!

Hello!

I have written to Barclays (13th August) to voluntary terminate my HP contract using the template provided here and have also stipulated on this that I would like to be contacted only via email and post. Since then I have received a call to say they wouldn't process this claim until I signed their paperwork. I asked for them to write this to me which they refused as my email address isn't secure (fair enough) but then refused to write to me via post. I then emailed customer relations again stating my disappointment in a blatant disregard for my request and that I will not sign any of their letters (used LB template for this also) and the have until 3rd September to come collect the car or it will be uninsured on a public road. I have received a letter confirming they have received my complaint around paying £150 for them to collect the car which they have in the letter advised they will waiver however I would need to pay them initially then phone "Janet" who will authorise a repayment.

I haven't contacted them yet, but am I to take this letter as they have now accepted my VT? And would you advise to pay the £150 to be reimbursed? I am also really worried about cancelling my insurance on 3rd September however my fiancee who is a police officer has told me to do it! Are there any ramifications from Barclays in doing this?

Thank you for any advice!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X