• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to request strike out of N244 app scheduled for urgent hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to request strike out of N244 app scheduled for urgent hearing

Hi,

I am the Claimant on a small claims case and was granted default judgement a few months back as the Defendant's defence and counterclaim were struck out due to ongoing non-compliance with Court orders.

Months after the default judgement order was made I started to receive payments via the Bailiffs (although I didn't authorise a monthly payment plan and the Court order stated payment was required immediately - what can I do about this?).

I have just received a N244 application from the Defendant that the Court forwarded to me, requesting a hearing in order to present their defence/counterclaim, stating that the Court lost the case file. An order from a different Judge (Deputy) has been issued for an urgent hearing per the N244 application request.

The N244 Statement of Truth under Section 10 has not been signed and the content of the document is clearly intended to mislead the Court into providing the Defendant with a hearing to present their defence/counterclaim. The truth of the matter is that the defence/counterclaim has been struck out. It has nothing to do with the fact that the Court lost the file. The Defendant has attached an Acknowledgement of Service which has no relevance other than to mislead and support the point about the defence/counterclaim not having been seen by Court due to the case file loss.

No reason has been given to justify the delay in N244 form submission.

The defence/counterclaim has no legal grounds or prospect of success and I have already provided a detailed breakdown of the reasons for this in my response particulars of claim, which formed the basis of the default judgement in my favour.

How do I get the N244 application struck out for an abuse of Court procedure on the part of the Defendant by misleading the Court into thinking that the defence/counterclaim has not been seen because the Court lost the file? It has been struck out. Also, is the N244 invalid due to the Statement of Truth not having been signed? Is an email to the Court Manager sufficient? Or is there a specific application form/fee that I need to submit to the Court?

I'd be grateful for your prompt assistance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X