• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi & advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi & advice needed

hi
    I am new to this site but need some advice on a matter. I have historic debt on Marks & Spencer credit card of £3387.51. This was purchased by Arrow Global years ago, and as I have moved house a good few times, I didn’t receive any communication on the debt for a while. I then received correspondence from Arrow Global dated 7/5/19 that from 3/5/19 Shoosmiths (NI) LLP would be managing my account on their behalf. I recently received a letter from Shoosmiths dated 8/5/19 confirming they were a firm of solicitors instructed to recoup the debt. They enclosed an income and expenditure form which I did complete and send back to them. I then received correspondence from them dated 19/6/19 in which they rejected my offer of repaying £50.00 per month (indicated on my income/expenditure form) saying that my form indicated I had a financial surplus of £230.00 each month. This is my disposable income per month. They said their client would be willing to accept a higher amount in order to clear the debt quickly. I issued a return letter to them dated 2/7/19 offering an increase of £80 per month but nothing more as I would be left in a vulnerable financial situation. I also wrote that despite their letter dating 19 June, it was postmarked 26 June and I only received it on 27 June - in their letter that said that if they didn’t hear from me by 2 July, they intended to issue legal proceedings, which caused me undue stress.
    i have subsequently received another letter from them dated 11/7/19 in which they accepted by proposal of paying £80 per month ‘on the condition that we issue legal proceedings with the view of securing Judgement in this matter, please note that enforcement of the Judgement shall be stayed whilst you maintain your payment arrangement.’
    They have established payment period of 6 months after which they will review my financial situation. What concerns me is the reference to issuing legal proceedings with the view of securing judgement....what does this mean exactly? Will I be taken to court despite adhering to payment plan?
    thank you for any advice, Jay42
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X