• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello....

Just joined today to see if anyone can provide any advice. I own a retail business and I rent the unit I am currently in. there are 2 flats above the retail unit. at the end of January I was called to the shop as my fire alarms were going off (2:30am) I found water pouring through the ceiling from the vacant flat above. Apparently the flat was due to be rented out and the Tennant had requested the water be switched on. The water board came out after hours and turned it on from outside. Unbeknown to them all the taps and washing machine outlet was all on. (as the fire brigade discovered) Water has destroyed a lot of my stock and furnishings and I was closed for nearly 2 weeks whilst I had the damager fixed and paid for by myself. Ive added up what I've lost and went to the landlord, he bounced me to someone else who then passed me on to another person who passed me over to an insurance broker who has said they are not liable and I have to go through my own insurance company. I feel this is very unfair as I am just a Tennant and have lost roughly in the region of £16K.
    Any advice would be very welcome....... TIA
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X