• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from solicitor on behalf of debt collector demanding payment of old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from solicitor on behalf of debt collector demanding payment of old debt

I have an old debt that caught up with me six months ago. The original debt was for a student overdraft with HSBC in England.
    A solicitor at CAB sent HSBC a letter telling them, more or less, that I refused to pay it and they passed it on to a debt
    collector. This was in 2011/12, I think. I spoke to the debt collector once or twice and explained that I couldn't afford to pay them anything and they
    simply told me that they'd contact me again in six months time. The last contact was by phone five or six years ago.
    I never paid them anything. I've ignored all the letters that they have been sending me since they caught up with me and now Nolans solicitors have contacted
    me on their behalf. I'm wondering what I should do. What information are they obliged to give me? I would
    like to know if this debt has exceeded the time limit for recovery here in Scotland. All my documents have been lost and I can't
    put a precise date on anything. Nolans have given me 14 days to pay them in full or in installments and have said that
    all contact should be through them now. If anybody could give me some advice that would be great. Thank you.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X