• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NHS and Universal Credit Nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHS and Universal Credit Nightmare

I no longer live in the UK I work abroad but in August when my job ended a week later I made a claim to start JSA which has now changed to Universal Credit. During the 20 Aug to 21 Sept they were unable to pay me but only informed me of this around the 22nd Sept over the phone when I realised no money had gone into my account due to a payment in arrears from my last job and I also cancelled with them due to receiving a job offer in Spain and to start early October. Anyway on the 14th Sept I went for a check up at the dentist (not attended for 2 years, assumed everything was the same as it was) NO!. In November I get lumbered with a fine from the dentist (it wasn't very clear they said I ticked the wrong box) I don't recall them having many options to tick at the time and I did what I did in the past. I argued this with them via email and then in December when I returned to the UK for Christmas the fine increases. I rang up Universal Credit to ask them to send me some proof and a letter when I cancelled and to my shock they continued paying me even when I cancelled with 2 people over the phone. Oh no, more money problems. I was surprised that they never cancelled it knowing that I had no communication with them for 3 months, how is that keeping tracks on people and getting them back into work? So basically due to not being informed earlier from the job centre that I couldn't receive benefits that month also affected the NHS free entitlement and the tick box thing I feel they are just using this an excuse because the job centre told me that the NHS didn't update their forms and put the universal credit tick box on it. I paid the dentist fee but I really shouldn't pay this fine and I will also have to pay 3 months of universal job allowance back to. Pfff Christmas is going to leave me skint and even worse when I live in another country as it is difficult to deal with these problems. Any advice?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X