• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

volunteer termination lease vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volunteer termination lease vehicle

Hi,
    Will keep this short and simple, leased an audi via Barclays around 3 years ago spoke to them in March as i want to terminate contract due to job chance, i was told by them that they are happy for me to terminate as i have paid 50% they posted a letter which i had to sign and did this. After reviewing other forums it seems as though i made a mistake and i simply signed away my legal rights!

Received a letter from Barclays to say i can drop the vehicle off to local mannheim and i would need to take v5 service book keys and mot certificate, which was all provided and my car will be inspected on the day. I arrived at the mannheim auction site and was told by the gentleman the doe not get inspected on the day it’s left in the compound and usually take days if not weeks until a thorough inspection is carried out , guy said to me best to take picture and i said already have.

I left the car there and a few later i received a letter from barclays to say after numerous correspondence and attempts to contact myself they have passed my details to a debt collection agency without any prior notification and was told i owe them £755 for damages on the vehicle. I called Barclays and raised a formal complaint and was then told over the phone my charges have been dropped to 165 as a gesture of goodwill?

I questioned why there was a big reduction and was told the charges were general wear and tear but the 165 was due to a key scratch on drivers side front panel. I requested the inspection report and pictures to prove this as when the vehicle was returned there was not a key scratch. The report is useless the photographs are small and scratch is not visible.

Ive spoken to Barclays and they said if i want to dispute i need to get in contact with a ombudsman.

Do i go through this channel for the sake of 165?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X