• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA Requisition letter please help!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA Requisition letter please help!!!!!!!

Hi
    Could someone please help me with this matter.
    I bought a care privately from someone at a shop on 24 April . He gave me form V5C which I signed and posted on 27 April. I received my registered vehicle V5C on 19 May.

On 4 may my car was clamped because of not having road tax so on that day I bought the Tax. from 24 April to 4 May there were 5 days holidays including bank holidays and I was going to buy my tax on 4 May but they clamped the car. Anyway I payed £100 to clamping companie and £71 for Tax. and thought the matter was settled.

On 15 September I received a Requisition letter from DVLA saying that 'On 4 May defendant kept an unlicensed mechanically propelled motor vehicle and previous licence expired on 8 January.' It also says in a witness statement that on 11 July DVLA sent me a notice requesting name and address of person responsible for vehicle on 4 May and did not recieve any reply form the defendent. I NEVER GOT ANY LETTER!!!!

They have asked me appear in court to answer the charge. :jaw:

I do not know what the letter mean?? what do i do ???
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X