• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Inheritance Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inheritance Query

Good evening,

I wonder if I might be able to query the progress on the distribution of this estate, if my experience is normal and if there are remidies.

Outline situation:

Intestate Estate, however, probate granted in late 2018.
    Interim payments commenced in late 2019.

My query namely revolves around the inheritance tax position in so much as, this was based, I believe on a probate value in 2018, should since this time, interim payments still being made as well as equity investments being sold what happens if the resultant value is less than that which was stated in 2018 is there chance that tax paid can be reclaimed?

Similarly, perhaps incorrectly I was of the opinion that there should be a timeline in which distributions should be made by following the granting of probate for the very reason of fluctuations in equity or housing markets which materially affect the estate value.

the firm involved in the administration do not reply to my enquiries, or promise updates and don’t with some months delays before contact. The current position is that equity certificates are being sourced or replaced in order to sell and there isn’t much of an update - my concern principally lays with the effect on falling values and the tax paid on a probate valuation in 2018 which is likely to be much effected now due to covid on the markets

any recommendations greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X