• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor keeping me in the dark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor keeping me in the dark

My older sister and her daughter are named executors in my late Mother's will. It's 9 months now since her death and 6 months since the grant of probate was issued. I have copies of both will and probate. My sister refuses to reply to my request for information...I have sent 2 letters politely asking for information, including why my Mother's house has not yet been sold or even marketed. ( her name is still on the title deeds at the land registry) and there is no response. I and my two sisters are named as one third trustees to the estate and I had understood that the executor should at least offer an interim report of their actions to other beneficiaries. I am becoming somewhat concerned that I am being ignored because there is no intention that I will receive my share or that perhaps they have someone living in the house already or have organised a private sale without consulting me. I am retired and not in a good position financially but would instruct a solicitor if it is necessary and if I knew how to find someone suitable for this. I'm just wondering if after 9 months since my Mother's death, now would be the appropriate time to enlist legal help to find out what is going on, or should I trust that my sister will do the right thing and carry out the instructions in the will and allow more time. I gather most estates have been sorted out in this timescale and worry if I leave it too long and if she has distributed everything and has excluded me, it might be too late to rectify. Does an executor HAVE to sell a property where there are several named beneficiaries with an equal share to the deceased estate ? Finally I believe my sister has allowed her son to interfere with the probate process. I assume that cant be legal. ? Any advice how to proceed much appreciated.....
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X