• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell default date is late?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell default date is late?

This is an odd issue i am having, Long story short my ex got a phone contract out in my name, i was younger and didnt check emails etc heck even my bank account so it went unnoticed...that was untill lowell brought it to my attention 4 YEARS later.

The problem is that the contract was with Vodafone, i had a contract with them already when i was with my ex, the contract though was for a sim only plan for a tablet for my daughter, ex had access to all my info, she even claimed working tax etc after i had moved out and i had to have a big long fight to deal with the DWP.

So onto the debt issue, the debt itself would have defaulted in 2015, i know this as i did a SAR request to lowell and they confirmed the last payment was made in march 2015. However! a default was NEVER registered on my credit file from Vodafone.

I went through my emails and searched for what feels like days to find info out about it, sure enough i found the way she did it, a online internet company and she used my info which would have passed due to me living there and her claiming housing benefits with my name still included....so theres the "proof" lowell rely on!

I already told Lowel via letter that this is not my debt, i even mentioned that it wasnt even my mobile number and that i didnt live at the address but alas they still believe its my debt.

Moving on me and my ex argued and she admitted it was her for all of it but refused to pay, this was verbal so i have no proof as i would have used it otherwise. i spoke to the police who wernt interested as we "was" a couple and i couldn't prove that i had moved out (i sofa served after we broke up so had no fixed abode so no proof of address other than hers being my last)

I then did some more digging. That is when i noticed the default only being registered in 2018! surely that's not right? heck i have never admitted to this debt as it was taken out fraudently in my name (looking at the SAR request there was other stuff added etc to it like extra data limits being removed etc etc)

Its frustrating and as a vulnerable person im not really sure how to deal with it, i should point out i do suffer with severe anxiety, panic disorder and autistic traits along with tics etc, basically a walking time bomb haha.

I actually have done my own version of a "3 letter process" to lowell back in 2018 i belive and again in 2020. I then finished it off with basically telling them about my problems etc and the fact the mobile number was not mine.

One other thing i should note is that i actually had a conversion with the company that originally supplied the contract also, i told the lady i never had a contract out with them so they needed to explain. After i asked this they never contacted me again. I do still surprisingly have the email!

Im really hoping to get some advice on this as im trying to sort my life out, i got myself a job, have regular therapy to tackle my mental problems and would like to get everything back on track, but having lowell harass me even after i asked them to stop sets me back every time

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X