• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Loanonyourcar threatening to repossess car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loanonyourcar threatening to repossess car

Hello everyone,

I have been in serious financial troubles and as a stupid applied for a logbook loan(hire purchase agreement) with loanonyourcar.com on 12th February 2024. The loan was for £2000, and the monthly repayments were £230 for 36 months( i know this is stupid but i had no other choice and took this). As i still couldn't get out of my debt issues i missed payments in March and April. They served me a default notice on 12th April and a contract termination notice on 30th April and sent a external car recovery agent to my home on 2nd. I contacted them and explained my debt issues and the agent was hesitant and asked me to pay a total of £3200 or the car will be taken away and sold at auction. At this point i didn't know what to do and asked the recovery agent to give me 2 weeks time to try and see if i could make the payment. However i couldn't arrange the funds and im in fear that they will come back and try and take my car away this time.

What are my options?

1) I read that in Scotland they need a court order to repossess any property, is this true? If yes should i cite this to them so that i can ask for a time to pay when i get that court order?

I also saw this in the agreement and does this mean i could challenge them to get a court order before repossession?
    REPOSSESSION: YOUR RIGHTS If you do not keep your side of the agreement but you have paid at least one third of the total amount payable under this agreement, that is £2,782.47 the Creditor may not take back the goods unless he gets a court order (in Scotland he may need to get a court order at any time). If he does take the goods without your consent or a court order, you have the right to get back all the money you have paid under this agreement.

2) Apply for a Time Order at sheriff court. I am planning to do this, however I'm worried that the agent would come before this is enforced and they can still take my car away.

Can your please suggest what i can do in this situation as i need my car for my work and it might cause me serious issues
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X