• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fall into pot hole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall into pot hole

Hi, my mum came out of the local pub with my dad on Saturday and walking to the exit of the car park it was very dark, she slipped and her foot bent outwards and she fell over. When she went to stand they noticed she had slipped into a pot hole a couple of inches deep and wide enough for her whole foot to be inside it. She twisted her ankle and banged her knee as she fell. Feeling embarrassed she got up and hobbled home. On Sunday her foot was swollen and bruised. She was working in the local hospital that night so went to A&E for an X-ray and she has torn the ligaments in her ankle. I've said to her that she should claim for her injury as I've been to the car park myself in daylight and there is a pot hole just before the exit and there are no lights at that end of the car park. She is reluctant to go ahead though as she doesn't think anyone will believe her because there was only my dad as a witness and as it was a pub car park she thinks it will be presumed she was drunk! As a nurse myself, I've said that if she had been drunk it's unlikely she would have injured herself so badly because you fall differently when u are more relaxed! Any advice would be very much appreciated, we have never claimed for anything but I think she should as it's going to take a while to recover from her injury, which was not her fault.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X