• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car purchased on finance and gone bang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car purchased on finance and gone bang

Hi,
    I purchased a car from a dealer october 2023 and the engine has failed amongst other things. I reported the initial faults including a cooling pipe made from fuel pipe that failed causing the car to overheat to the finance company. Never got a response. I sent videos. letters and images. no response. when the engine failed I at last got a response. they arranged a Ace inspection. it was carried out. the engineer told me it failed probally due to overheating when the hose fell off. the report then turned up stating completly inaccurate facts. the finance company had not told them what had failed. the report was written by someone who had not inspected the car. finance company were not interested. the ace inspector then revised his report. but finance company could not be more unhelpful at all.

I then used the AA mediation service. dealer did not want to talk. stated no warranty. then decided we did have warranty but changed it. refused to respond to any questions. refused to even look at car. so I am more than happy to sue the dealer as I have a very good case. he breached the 2015 consumer regs in quite a fe ways.

But. can I sue the dealer if the finance company bought the car. is this why the dealer is no utterly not bothered about what he has and has not done. Is my only recourse the financial services ombudsman.

Steveesy
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X