• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty car on finance- 9 times recovered. Where do I stand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty car on finance- 9 times recovered. Where do I stand?

Hi I am hoping to get some advice. I am looking for guidance and where to take this next. We are awaiting a independent report to hand the car back on finance (as requested by finance company). It has complete electric failure again!

I have listed an outline of the problem below, you can see its long winded so bear with me. Renault were unable to locate the problem with the vehicle during the warranty. Basically there's an issue that has blown the main electrical fuse box 3 times, they have replaced this but I have evidence from them that they can't locate the problem to fix it. It has since blown again and now out of finance it has created a huge problem financially. Please see the notes below.

​​​​​​The main dealer are still unable to find the repeating problem. Does this brake the consumer rights act section 15? Am I likely to gain anything from this? It's causing a huge amount of stress both emotionally and defianatley financially. I am out of work until I can get this resolved as I don't have a car to compute to work whilst also being able to collect the kids from school.

Any advice would be appreciated

28/06/2020 - Car purchased 2018 Renault grand scenic with startling motor finance

02/03/2021 - Car is being driven , whilst in motion has complete electric failure. Rac is called
    03/03/2021- RAC recovers car and takes to Renault Griffin Mill ** RAC REPORT available**
    18/03/2021- log official complaint with Renault main customer service as still without car. Finally issued with a courtesy car. Vehicle remains with dealership for further few weeks. **EMAILS AVAILABLE**

14/10/2021- start car- intermittent problems with getting it to start. Call Renault and they advise that they are busy so booked it on for 27th of October.
    18/10/2022- Unable to start car so it sits on drive without moving.
    22/10/2021 RAC start car and we take to Renault Cardiff for it to await it's appointment on 27/10/2021 ** RAC REPORT available **

27/10/2021 - Renault Cardiff put new diesel filter and sensors. **SHORT CLIP AVAILABLE FROM RENAULT** we collect car
    28/10/2021-Car won't start **SEE RAC REPORT
    29/10/2021- AM received courtesy car from enterprise arranged by Renault . PM- John (Renault)calls from cardiff dealership stating that the car starts -no issues found. Car ready to collect. Finally agreed and keeps car until Monday for testing
    01/11/2021 - John calls, car won't start but fault unknown.
    03/11/2021 Car still at dealership, manage to start but fault unknown. Received Email from Tim at Renault customer services UK stating They "CAN NOT LOCATE THE FAULT. ** EMAIL avilable**

29/09/2022- Car stops whilst in motion. As previous issues unable to start. Cause of fault unknown. ** RAC REPORT AVAILABLE** car recovered to Renault Griffin Mill Pontypridd.
    30/09/2022- Renault Pontypridd call and say that fault unknown. Same electric fuse box has blown (THE SAME ONE HAS BEEN CHANGED 3 TIMES IN 18 MONTHS) but unsure why. Thinks that this could be the starter motor, but not sure as car was in motion.
    Speak with RENAULT UK - advised that the fault is NOT the starter motor, advised the only way to locate problem is for me to agree for them to strip the vehicle, this is payable by me.
    01/10/2022- speak with Renault Griffin Mill, further investigated. Thinks it's starter motor can replace for £1300 but doesn't know if this is the actual fault and if this will fix the problem. FAULT STILL UNKNOWN

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X