• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting vs replacement car on PCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting vs replacement car on PCP

Hi all - I have a car with a fault that the dealership is unable to fix (Indefinitely) due to global parts shortage. I've had the car for two months, the fault appeared after ten days. The car itself was a 6 month old ex demonstrator/dealer car, so still under warranty. It is purchased using the brand's PCP in house finance, so I recognise the finance company owns the car and I need to do the negotiation with them.

It's now been sitting in a garage for the best part of 6 weeks (we were on holiday for some of it) and they have no idea when it could be fixed. They know what needs replacing, they just can't source the part and don't know when they'll be able to. They have provided me a lower specification courtesy car for the duration, to be fair.

I'm at the point where I think I need to start considering rejection under CRA, but this is not a path I desperately want to go down, not least as I will likely struggle to get another car exactly to my liking in the current climate.

My preference would be I) a speedy fix as they get the part ii) I'm given a replacement car of an identical or similar spec iii) I'm given a car of a different spec and we agree sensible commercial terms where I am given money back (if lower spec) or pay more (if higher spec) or last resort iv) I reject outright and get my monry back.

Any view on the best approach to reach one of the above outcomes?

Thanks in advance!
    Hackedoff40

​​
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X