• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MS90 but fine already paid to Marstons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS90 but fine already paid to Marstons

Hello and thank you so much for your help. I’m writing on behalf of my partner who is at work.

Last year (2021) he received a letter from Marston debt collectors saying he owed £170 for ignoring a fine for driving by in a bus lane. He realised it was because he hadn’t updated his log book from the previous address and immediately paid the fine in full and updated the logbook address. The fine was paid off 2nd July 2021.

Yesterday he received a letter summoning him to court for an ms90 and £880 fine.

He checked his DVLA record at once and saw the MS90 had been added along with 6 points - the offence is dated June 2021 This was the first we have ever heard of this having not received any correspondence at all since confirmation from Marstons last year that the fine was paid. Can it be that the debt collectors never reported back to the courts?

We are both very worried as that fine would be a huge blow on top of what we already paid last year.

I can't call the courts yet as it is a Sunday but partner will call tomorrow to try and find out more information

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X