• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car dealer won't pay for repair on vehicle i purchased 7 weeks ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car dealer won't pay for repair on vehicle i purchased 7 weeks ago

Can someone help me with what steps i can take next please.

Purchased a car from a dealer 300 mile from me. I traded in my car (£10k) & bank transferred £5500. Advert on dealer website states cars come with 3 mnth warranty. I reported fault after 3 weeks, dealer put phone down on me. Since then we have communicated via email.
    I paid for a diagnostic report, which estimated £2500-£3000 + vat for repair to torque convertor. Dealer said it was nice to know it was an easy fix! He then offered £500 or to reverse the original deal & keep back £2000 to have the car checked out & would refund this amount when he was satisfied car was as it was when we purchased.
    I replied that I thought that £1500 was more what i was expecting, i.e. half the repair cost.
    I emailed a letter, the template which i got from the Which website, stating "The Consumer rights act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract i have with (garage name) that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. As you are in breach of contract & I've owned the vehicle for less than 6 years, i am within my statutory rights to ask for a repair at no further cost to me".
    He replied that as i had refused the £500 & the reverse deal that he would only deal with a solicitor from now on as i am uneducated & factually incorrect.
    I never refused any deal he offered but do not want to take the car back as i have spent money on it (nothing to do with fault) & i also would not trust this dealer to refund me the £2k after car has been checked.

Do i just have to accept what he says & pay for repair myself?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X