• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT - Nissan PCP car needs a new Engine - Timing Chain failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT - Nissan PCP car needs a new Engine - Timing Chain failure

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and hopefully help.

I have currently 3 payments left of my car on finance through PCP with Nissan RCI finance.

I have gone well over the allowed miles by close to 20,000 and accept this to incur a cost. *

When the car had its MOT this year there was a rattling in the engine.* Nissan told me that the timing chain of the car was in need of repair but that this essentially required a new engine.* They advised the repair would be around £10K at that time (March 2019) but were prepared to reduce it by 50% as the warranty of the car had expired. *

There was no way I could get the repair done at that price, so I contacted Nissan to speak to them about the concerns and also the excess mileage.* They advised not to worry and that it would be something I could sort out at the end of the agreement with the dealership.

Fast forward to 23rd December and the rattling noise was worse.* I took it to the Nissan garage and they said it was essentially the engine, dehydrated and there was no repair they could suggest other than replace the engine. The dealership said my best option was VT.* The following day the car entirely stopped and I had to be towed home.* The car is currently parked outside my house, unlikely to ever go again.

I have absolutely no idea what to do.* I appreciate the excess mileage is my fault for being naïve when I took the car a bout just how many miles I drive each year.* There is also some damage which I intended to get repaired, but cant do that now as the car wont start.* If the repair was only a few hundred pounds then fine, but when you are talking about a repair which will essentially costs more than the value of the car, what does one do?

When checking online since this has all happened, I have noticed a number of news articles and forums suggesting that the timing chain issue is a common fault for the Qashqai 1.2 Dig-T Accenta Premium, arguably there would have been nothing I could have done to prevent this.

I am not sure what to do first.* Do I VT? or should I perhaps just keep paying the car and cough up the excess mileage and damage charge at the end of the agreement (April 2020). Would the finance company have any recourse if the car was essentially un-repairable?

Any help on this disaster would be much appreciated.* Essentially can you VT on a car that is not drivable..... although don't even know how anyone will get it anywhere as it doesn't even start :-)

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X