• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with VWFS for PCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with VWFS for PCP

Hi all

After recently VTing my Audi A1, which I had on a PCP with VWFS, I wanted to share my experience, which was actually very good.

My PCP was up in November this year and so I had reached over 50% of the TAP. At the end of September I agreed a lease on a new eGolf, also through VWFS. I was desperate to get my new car so wanted to give my Audi back ASAP, particularly as I was already a couple of thousand miles over.

I had done loads of research, on this site and others, and knew that finance companies could be brutal with ‘fair wear and tear’, and that technically I was under no legal obligation to pay the excess mileage. I’ll be honest, after reading some of your experiences on here, I woke up in the middle of the night a few times worrying they’d do me out of hundreds of pounds I don’t have!

However, despite the advice and recommendation to send the templated letter, because of wanting to get the VT process completed as quickly as possible, I instead chose to follow VWFS’ standard process. I called them up, explained the situation, and they told me they would send me some details to fill out via email.

At this point, I had made sure some major damages (excessive alloy scuffs and rear bumper damage/chips) I had taken to be repaired, so my car was in very good condition from my perspective. In terms of the excess mileage, I had made the decision that I felt it was fair for me to have to pay this, and factored this in to the costs of me returning the car.

Anyway, the email came through from VWFS the same day and requested a few top line details - name, finance agreement reference, car reg, contact number, email address, address for collection, reason for VT request, confirmation that the vehicle had valid MOT, road tax and insurance, and finally my declaration that I had read the VT pack they had attached and understood the termination is irreversible (simply a yes or no answer). I completed this and sent it back on the same day. At no point here was I asked to sign anything.

A couple of days later I followed up by calling VWFS, checking they had my details and asking what the quickest way was to book my inspection and collection. They said BCA would be in touch within so many working days (I think it was 7) but if I wanted to speed this up I could try giving them a call, which I did. BCA were very helpful and booked in my slot for the following week.

The day before the inspection, I made sure my car was washed outside and clean inside. I made sure I had all of the documentation ready and waiting for the inspector on arrival, as well as both keys etc, and had taken lots of pictures of the car as suggested.

The inspector came on the agreed date and spent about 20 minutes inspecting my car. He then informed me there was just one small mark on the bonnet that had gone through the paintwork, which would cost me £21 (+ VAT - the only bit he didn’t mention), and asked me to sign the form on his iPad to confirm I agreed, which I did. He then took the car away. I

Yesterday, just over a week after inspection, I received the letter in the post detailing what I owed. The excess mileage was a little less than what I was expecting - happy days! - and the damages were indeed just £21 + VAT, which I will settle straight away.

I just wanted to share my experience because often people will only post after having a negative experience, whereas in fact as I have found out they are not all bad

Thanks

Lucy
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X