• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nissan Finance (RCI) & Manheim mess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Finance (RCI) & Manheim mess

Morning and thanks in advance for any help people may be able to give me. I've perused this forum on various occasions and have found good answers to more minor problems in the past, but now I'm in a complete mess with RCI and Manheim.

In short, my Nissan was coming up to end of PCH contract and had some minor scratches that required repair. Upon receiving Nissan Finance letters suggesting they should be repaired prior to collection, I discussed with the Nissan Dealership who in turn recommended an independent bodyshop to repair 4 panels. I did this in good faith, got the panels resprayed and the car valeted ready for collection on Tuesday.

Manheim Inspections showed up on Tuesday, gave me a report condemning the bodywork repairs as being unsatisfactory, and also suggesting that adjacent panels were now also damaged from the preparation work of taping them off, etc. The initial £780 bodywork repairs was going to cost an extra £628 to fix, alongside 2 alloy scuffs (which we accept), and a complete £450 replacement of a driver footwell carpet for some heel damage under the clutch, which I'd consider wear and tear. They recommended that I cancel collection (and pay abortive costs), return it to the bodyshop to be redone, get the carpet replaced ourselves during this extra time, and contact RCI to update them on what I was doing. Upon doing so, RCI suggested Manheim should never have given this advice, that they'd accept the original bodywork invoice as proof that the work was done, and that they'd never expect us to pay twice to have work done. Separately, the bodyshop have itemised out their invoice to prove what they have done and suggested they'll stand by their work and fix any problems at zero cost.

I'm now stuck with a car outside my house, with an MOT due date pending that means they wont be able to drive away unless collected today, and a case referred up to Manheim management who won't return my calls or arrange collection. I have a car worth thousand sitting outside my drive, that looks pristine to the naked eye but is unacceptable in Manheim terms, that I am continuing to temporarily insure on their behalf at personal cost, but nobody seems to want to collect. If not collected today, I've advised that they'l need a flat bed truck to take it away and have stayed at home today to give them the opportunity to collect. Its an absolute mess. Prior to collection of the first Nissan, I took out PCP finance on a replacement Nissan with RCI and am still within the 14 day cooling off period for that.

We're separately going to complain to the Nissan dealership who originally sold us the car on PCH, as we feel we were mislead with promises of 'golf ball size dents and everyday scratches as being acceptable, yet clearly Manheim want the car to be as new.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X