• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Payments after sending VT letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payments after sending VT letter

i have read the guide on here and also done a VT before. I am going to contact my vehicle finance company possibly this week to start the process. What I don’t understand that seems different from last time is the payment and VT dates. My payment is due out on 1st September. I was told last time my account won’t close until the inspection report has been received back. Obviously this will be in around 2-3 weeks time quite a bit after my September payment since it took BCA 2 weeks to collect last time. Will I not get this payment back if I make it? I was under the impression it would go against my credit report if I don’t pay it.

Also I believe although the date I send the letter is the actually termination date I will still need to keep the car insured until they collect it. What date do I put on the V5 before I send it off? Last time I put the date that I dropped it back at the dealership to get picked up by BCA later on in a week or so. Should I put the date of the original VT letter or the date when I drop it off at a dealership again?

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X