• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty PCN? showing only evidence of entry and exit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty PCN? showing only evidence of entry and exit

Dear All,

I've searched using the search tool, but I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, in which case I apologise, and would be grateful if you could direct me to the relevant threads.

I received a PCN "...for the alleged breach of advertised terms and conditions..."(attached, and described in footnotes). They are around registring or 'paying and displaying' a valid car parking permit. The only evidence given of this breach are two photos, one each of my entry and exit. [I had bought a ticket/parking permit completely covering the length of time parked, but this is a separate issue relative to this present query]

What I would like to ask is specifically whether this an adequate charge? I would've thought they'd need to either 1) state that they have no record of an online or telephone registration of my parking permit, or 2) show in a photo that I have no valid parking permit displayed. These would then show evidence of breaching their terms and conditions. I don't think showing entry and exit alone proves that the terms and conditions have been breached. If I had registered, or paid and displayed a valid parking permit, I would still have a photo of entry and exiting too. So such photos cannot distinguish between someone who has or has not breached the terms and conditions.

If the entry and exit photos are legally enough, I would be grateful if this can be explained: on what basis is this adequate?

I would be grateful for any responses.

Thank you.

Footnote:
    The terms and conditions :

"parking and payment terms

*where you are in possession of a valid permit you agree to park in accordance with the terms set out in the permit. All permits must be registered or clearly displayed during your parking period (please see signage for additional details)
    *if you do not have a valid permit and payment is required for parking, you agree to make a payment in accordance with the tariff set out on the signage throughout the car park.
    *where your vehicle registration is necessary for making payment for parking you agree to enter your full and correct vehicle registration into the payment machine and make the appropriate payment upon entry or before removing your vehicle from the car park (as specified on the tariff signage).
    *we use anpr cameras. the parking time is calculated by the anpr cameras from the point of entry to the point of exit. where anpr is not in use our parking attendants will record entry and exit times. you agree to park fully within the confines of a marked parking bay.
    *[about disabled blue badge]
    *[about disabled concessions]
    *[about parent and child]
    *[about not being responsible for damage or loss]
    ..."
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X