• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

10 x Congestion charge tickets at £2400

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 x Congestion charge tickets at £2400

Hello
    Basically i have received 10 congestion charger london tickets for non payment.
    I am a resident, i receive a discount Because i live there and they bill me monthly. £1.50 per day.

My vehicle has been in the system since October 2020 - march 2021 with a discounted exemption.

The vehicle had a number plate change from march 1st. I had to update the plate on tfl website which i did.

I then received 10 tickets for driving a week without non-payment of cc. I called them and they said your car is NOT registered on AUTOPAY. i Didnt change the plate on the autopay. I didn’t no i had to update it in TFL systems Twice and not just the one.

For approximately two weeks During the dates of the contravention, the car was driven by somebody else on hire, They signed a hire agreement and I have proof of address and license of the individual.
    The vehicle was then sold To that person after.

I appealed the ticket mentioning that I’m a resident and I have resident discount already in place and that numberplate change was in force And had already changed in TFL systems. I did NOT MENTION that the vehicle was on hire at the time of all contraventions.

I did not receive a notice of rejection.

Now i have charge certificate x 10 totalling over £2400. Received just over 30 days ago. (1st of june. )

How can I appeal these and get them cancelled as i have reasonable grounds for cancellation.

I was not the driver at the time
    I had registered my car on resident discounts but NOT autopay on the date of the plate change.
    My vehicle has been exempt At a discounted rate for six months, a number plate change occurred Which made all of this must happen

(The new owner showed me that he received 30 congestion tickets after me. The new owners vehicle tax class is disabled but still Received tickets too
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X