• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent - Any advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - Any advice please

I received a PCN from Minster Baywatch in January this year. I am the registered keeper of the car BUT i was not driving the vehicle (i only past my driving test last month september 23. My girl friend was driving the vehicle and she was alone, it was last Christmas Eve and she entered a car park at 22:08 and exited 22:31 23 minutes - she did not park and leave the car as there were no safe spaces (there was a large group of males acting suspiciously). She waited to see if they were going to leave and in the end drove out of the car park and parked somewhere else as she just did not feel safe getting out of the vehicle (she was picking up some food).

In January when the PCN arrived she contacted Minster by post to advice the above but never received any acknowledgement.

At the end of August i received a court claim as i am the registered keeper.

I applied for an extension of time and then submitted a defence stating that yes i was the registered keeper but as i did not drive at the time i was not responsible for the PCN. I also explained the situation that my girlfriend was the driver as above and that she had not actually parked due to the large group of males and she was by herself and felt vulnerable as a female in a car park at that time of night.

Since my defence I received an email from Minsters solicitors (Gladstones) on Sept 13th - " We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of the Claimant’s intention to proceed with the Claim. Please find enclosed a copy of the Claimant’s completed Directions Questionnaire, which has also been filed with the Court"

And i also received this email this Monday.

Request for Information

We email further to the Acknowledgment of Service, you have filed in relation to Claim Number, and note a different address is indicated to the address we hold on our system.

We should be grateful for you to confirm if the address within the Acknowledgment of Service is your current residential address, or a correspondence address in relation to this claim only (the above address).

Please note our systems cannot be updated (if applicable), until we are in receipt of the requested information.

Please also note therefore, we cannot update any Data Controller/Data Processor whom we have shared your data with, including our client, until such times as we have received the same.

We have however, in the meantime noted the address within the Acknowledgment of Service, as a correspondence address on our system, for this claim only

Our Compliance Department can be contacted via email; DataProtectionOfficer@gladstonessolicitors.co.uk

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

So far my defence has not been acknowledged, in particular that i was NOT the driver of the vehicle.

I am not a legal expert and would. like some advise as to what i should do next, is there any thing i can now do? Or should i just very reluctantly pay them the claim £248.22 as i have no alternatives left. Dare i say funds are really tight so i have to somehow deal with this myself.

Thank you for any help / pointers........

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X