• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Recovery Plus letter for UK Parking Control Ltd - unable to appeal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Recovery Plus letter for UK Parking Control Ltd - unable to appeal?

Hello

I'm hoping for some guidance on the best means to address an issue regarding a parking charge for parking in a loading bay at a local shopping centre.

I was sent a letter by UK Parking Control Ltd with a charge for parking in a loading bay. However, I was making a delivery to a business within the shopping centre, something I've done many times without issue. I'm not a business or delivery driver, just a private individual, so it's a private car but it was parked within the loading bay for the business. I approached the management of the shopping centre who agreed to contact UK Parking Control and ask for the charge to be removed.

However I quickly received a second letter from UK Parking Control, which - when I tried to appeal via their website- advised me this case had now been passed to their debt recovery agency. And today I received the letter from Debt Recovery Plus giving me 7 days to pay or potentially face further action.

I'm not disputing whether it was me or my car (it was) but I was acting with permission of the business I was delivering to. Although I did not have a delivery permit displayed - something I've latterly learnt I should display.

But all this has taken place within a time frame of 4 weeks and the bill is £170.00. Does that seem correct? Do I have any recourse other than to pay it?

Thank you for your consideration.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X