• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unknown CCJ for unpaid parking fines sent to previous address PLEASE HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown CCJ for unpaid parking fines sent to previous address PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi everyone,

I am new to all this stuff didn't even know what a CCJ is until Friday afternoon. Thanks you hearing me out and any help you provide.

I applied for a phone contract Friday afternoon (29 Sep) and to my dismay was declined and advised to check my credit file.

I re-activated my Experian account after years of not using it, only to discover that my score had dipped extremely low in the last month. 1 of 2 reasons was because of a CCJ issued to me in July 2017 to my previous address.

The CCJ was issued at Northampton County Court for £700~

I panicked hard. Real hard. I did not know what this is for and couldn't get in contact with the County Court Friday evening. I called several numbers for about 30mins before their closing time which I guess is why I couldn't get through to anyone so ended up sending an email instead.

I've contacted the Northampton County Court Business Centre this morning, and was provided with the contact details for the claimant's solicitor. Which I have now contacted, spoke to a really helpful person, who informed that this is in relation to 4 parking tickets issued by Bank Park Management , last year during a period of time my car was still registered at the previous address But I was already living in a different address at that point.
    The solicitors informed that we can arrange for a full payment to be made or payment plan that is subject to their clients terms and have the judgement marked as resolved. And they gave me 2 weeks (til 16th Oct) to inform them how I want to proceed before taking further action against me.

Now my biggest concern is that even if I make the payment that is demanded, I still have a CCJ on my credit file for 6 years!! which will result in me being declined things like a mortgage/rent/phone contracts. Which is not great since I do not have any family in the country to rely on if I get removed from my current accommodation.

Here are a few of a million questions that I need clarification on before the 16th Oct:
    1. Would there be any reason the solicitors would deny my request for an uncontested set aside of the judgement considering that I did not have access to any letters sent to my previous address.
    2. Would it work against my case at all if I called them and asked them to agree to a contested or uncontested set aside of the Judgement?
    3. Is calling the right thing for this, or only use email?

Quick summary:
    1. CCJ for parking fines issued to old address, where the car was registered during that 3months they were issued.
    2. CCJ is now 2 months old, due to be only finding about it through Experian on Friday.
    3. Not wanting to argue the cost of CCJ, just want to know if it is possible to have it removed from credit file then pay off the tickets.
    4. I have no contract or contact with previous landlord, my mother was the tenant on the contract. She now lives abroad.
    5. Already contacted Citizens Advice Bureau, and was told to look up more info on their website.
    6. Already contacted the claimant's solicitor and was provided with info about the tickets and given 2 weeks whilst they hold off on any further action.
    7. I have sent a SAR to DVLA for information about the addresses where my car was registered before selling it in June this year. Was informed of a 40 day response time!

Many thanks to anyone who helps. I am very stressed about this. I have researched solicitors for fixed fees, but there is no way I could afford to pay for all of this.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X