• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

London Aquatic Centre / “Parking in No Parking area”.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Aquatic Centre / “Parking in No Parking area”.

Hello – first time used the service, thanks in advance for your help.

I went swimming with my family at the London Aquatic Centre today. We parked the car, went for a swim and paid the parking fee (£1.50) inside the reception hall (the car park uses automatic number plate recognition).

On return I found a parking ticket from Gemini Parking Solutions for “Parking in No Parking area”. It states I have to pay £100 within 28 days, reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.

Our car was parked next to another vehicle, (see pic ‘where parked’), one of about 20 vehicles parked side by side on this stretch, it’s the one with the roof box.

There is a sign outside the car park boundaries which states that “vehicles are not permitted to park within this area. Parking on yellow lines or hatched markings is not permitted.” (see centre right of pic marked ‘location’ – it's stuck on a lamp post in the opposite direction that we had to walk - also enclosed a closeup of the sign).

There are no markings on the ground where we parked such as hatching, lines etc (see pic marked ‘space’)

I intend to appeal and would appreciate if you could give tips on what grounds I should give. Please let me know if i'm in the wrong forum or sub-thread.

thanks for your help!
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X