• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking PCN- Scotland. Wrong driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking PCN- Scotland. Wrong driver

Hi, I have been issued a PCN for parking at my own work . My husband got a new car and I borrowed it for the day as mine would not start. It was not registered with the building. I only work part time and have been slapped with a £60 fine .
    I tried the nice approach explaining my other car is registered and that it wasn't my husband driving it was myself. They upheld the charge but failed to register that it wasn't my husband driving. I then tried to submit a second appeal via POPLA stating they'd taken too long to send the letter. The day I parked was 24/02/2022, letter is dated 11/03/22 and I received it 18/03/2022. I also stated they'd failed to recognise the fact that it was me driving and not my husband. They said I should have made them aware so they could issue a corrected letter and that I should have purchased a ticket against my name and vehicle. The carpark is not ticketed. Its a camera in and out type of car park.

Have I got any grounds to appeal further or am I now facing a £100 fine

​​​​​​See actual response below:

Smart Parking Limited would like to clarify that as per the BPA the Registered Keeper details can be requested up to 28 days after the date of contravention, to which we can confirm these were
    requested within the 28-day time frame. Our target is to send the parking charge notice to the keeper
    of the vehicle no more than 14 days after receiving the keeper data from the DVLA.
    With regards to the Appellant stating their rejection letter was incorrect. Smart Parking Limited would
    like to clarify that an error had been made when rejecting the appeal and if the Appellant had raised
    this with the operator [Smart Parking limited] then the mistake could have been rectified and a new
    rejection letter would have been issued. In this instance, the Appellant failed to purchase a ticket
    against their full and correct vehicle registration, therefore the parking charge notice has been issued
    correctly.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X