• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received: Re Unpaid private car park ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form received: Re Unpaid private car park ticket

Hi All,
    I have come to the experts.

My wife (as the registered keeper) has received a county court claim form from Civil Enforcement Ltd for a parking ticket issued on private land,
    I was the driver and I didn't notice any signs It was behind a Turkish food centre where I went to get some food.
    I Ignored the first few letters as everyone tells me to, then I got one from a collections company and then another from their apparent solicitors.
    I did email the companies (apparent solicitors) a few months back that I was the driver but they didn't seem to care much, I also asked for the contract they had, again didn't care just stating this time has passed and is now in recovery.
    she does not want to go through any court process.

My question is this - If I pay this on her behalf as the driver to close this claim down - can I then re-issue a claim form to them for the money I have paid and then list all of the above again as my reasons ?

I know the easiest thing to do is defend but she doesn't want to do anything more and court scares her.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X