• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Bailiffs are threatening to send me to prison for court fines.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Bailiffs are threatening to send me to prison for court fines.

I was a courier and due to personal reasons was unable to pay for my fines mainly health after many problems I was in. It has taken me a long time to get over and back to good health. i recently contacted Marston to start a payment plan. I offered to pay £20-£25 a month to which I was declined, instead i was told that a min of £80-£120 would stop any further action. The total amount for this fine is £790. I have just started working again and as I'm coming back to good health I want to resolve these issues. I was advised by someone that if I have the court documents I can find the online payment portal details on there. I can still make a payment on there. I made a trial payment of £5 to see if it works, which it did. The next week I had Marston bailiffs turned up outside and threaten me court action and informed me that they would put out a warrant for arrest and I could face up to 54 weeks in jail because I had only made a payment of £5. They wanted the full amount and nothing less.

I desperately need help and guidance as all I want to do is get my life back on track. I want to pay off the fine which was at worst £330 but now stands at a substantial figure of £790. I just a way out.....

Please help!

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X