• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Enforcement from DVLA. What can I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Enforcement from DVLA. What can I do?

Hi all,

I could really do with some advice.

I have received a letter today from Marston High Court Enforcement Officers requesting payment of a fine to HMCTS. I phoned them to ask what this 'fine' is and was told it is for failure to notify DVLA of the sale of a vehicle. They gave me the name of the court who issued the fine and told me I need to phone them. They were closed so phoned DVLA who gave me an appeals address but couldn't/wouldn't help me over the phone.

This letter is the first I've heard from anyone about DVLA not receiving the V5 as I've moved twice since then but the letter from Marston says I have failed to respond to letters sent to this and/or previous addresses but I've not received any (I still own my previous address and rent it out so I know nothing's been received there).

I really don't understand how it's got as far as High Court Enforcement Officers before they have bothered to check they have the correct address so I'm just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on what to do now.

I work full time and my wife stays at home as she has asperges so if they come knocking she won't be able to stop them entering the house.

Any advice would be really appreciated - especially with how to dispute this.

Also, will a CCJ have been recorded against me? If so, can I get this set aside as I was unaware of any of this happening.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X