• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Calling the council about a traffic fine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling the council about a traffic fine.

A couple of weeks ago I drove through a one-way intersection on Tunnel Avenue in Greenwich - it joins the Blackwall Tunnel road. The moment I clocked the one way sign it was too late and I continued through. I've checked the Greenwich Council website and they confirm there that there is traffic enforcement for this intersection.

The issue I have is that my car is still registered to my old address which I only realised last night having gone a week without receiving anything in the post (assuming I'd gotten away with it). I drove over to my old address and asked the current owner if they had received any mail for me in the past week but they basically informed me that they throw any unwanted mail when it comes in.

Assuming I have received a penalty notice to my old address and it's been thrown out, can I simply contact Greenwich Council and ask them if there are any outstanding fines connected to my vehicle number plate? If I wait for them to send a follow up letter to my old address I will have missed my chance to pay this off at a reduced rate and will be hit with additional fees, id rather just pay it.

Call council?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X