• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Successful appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful appeal

Hello All

I wanted to share my parking appeal success and maybe other can do the same. You may wish to use my format as laid out below. I think this is really important as we often fail to trumpet our success stories and how we got there.

Contravention Code: 45
    Description: Stopped on a taxi rank
    Grounds for appeal: alleged contravention did not occur
    Background: I was parked in a bay outlined by a white dashed marking. It was a pay and display between 08:30-18:30. Thereafter it acted as a taxi rank. There was a sign but it was separate (ie. above) to the pay and display sign.
    Argument: This bay had no legend on the road denoting it was a TAXI bay. Therefore the bay was incorrectly marked. Incorrect bay marking identifies a bay where a motorist can park.
    First Appeal Response: Rejection - This bay is marked by the presence wide yellow line throughout the bay and accompanied by signage which clearly sets out the hours of the rank. Please be advised that providing the aforementioned markings and signage is present there is no requirement for the word TAXI to be present on the carriage way.
    Second Appeal Response: After investigating this matter I cannot be satisfied that the correct procedure has been carried out, therefore I have cancelled the charge.

Hopefully this is an argument for perseverance and common sense. I honestly would not have parked in a taxi rank, but I felt the local council duped me by not marking out in yellow. I later have found out through FOI request that they are issuing ticket in those four bays at a rate of 3 tickets every 2 days.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X