• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA Requisition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA Requisition

Hi All,
    I need some help/advice please?

I've received a DVLA Requisition for failure to comply with insurance requirements.

I posted (without proof) my SORN application to the DVLA in plenty of time. I then received a 'Failure to Insure' letter asking for £100 penalty (£50 if paid early etc)

Bizarrely (2 days later), I then received the SORN Acknowledgement which was dated AFTER the date on the prior penalty letter (1 week exactly)

I had had sent this SORN application weeks before so can only think either a big delay at DVLA or delayed/lost in the postal system for a while?!!

I sent the DVLA a letter explaining this but was sent a letter back refusing my claim because the date on the SORN is a week later than the date with no insurance etc? They want me to pay the £100 penalty or face court. So I did nothing and here I am with the Requisition in front of me 😞

I am not happy about this as you can imagine!

If I plead not guilty, do I have a leg to stand on?? Can any of you lovely people offer me some advice.

If you need any more information from me just ask.

Many thanks in advance brilliant people,

Tim

(New here so posted in 2 places.....sorry!)
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X