• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thank you for having me, i Hope you can save me... ParkingEye issue.. CCJ help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for having me, i Hope you can save me... ParkingEye issue.. CCJ help!

Dear Experts,

Having read previous posts regarding ParkingEye Ltd, I have come across a slightly different challenge myself which I would appreciate any advice with before I attend County Court shortly.

On checking my credit file this month for a job promotion (work in banking), I was notified that I have a CCJ on my file from Northampton County Court. At my horror I have found out this relates to a parking fine issued in January for overstaying a 2 hour limit within a car park.

Unfortuantely The vehicle I was driving was registered to my previous address and therefor any notifications were sent there and not received at my new address. As this car park operates a camera, you do not buy tickets and palce on your windscreen. Saying this I was not aware of any time limits and although there are visible signs, it had never crossed my mind. Never the less I would have paid the fine had i received it to save all of this trouble of course.

My issue is, I have spoken with the court who have asked me to fill in a N244 form to set the judgement aside, which has now been passed to a local crown court to me. I am awaiting a hearing and have been told this will be in July sometime as they are very busy.

I have also rang Parkingeye and paid them £165 ridiculous pounds for this ticket so as they can email the court to say it has been satisfied for my record on experian. Unfortunately however I require this off of my file or i will lose my job and stand no chance at obtaining a mortgage for 6 years.

Can anyone offer any advice to me on how I can attend this hearing and stand a chance at getting this removed without them saying 'well you should have informed the dvla of your new address', I understand this and in hindsight yes I should, however I sold the car shortly after and it never crossed my mind. I am a banker, not an expert on dvla procedures and parking tickets.

Please help, my job and livelyhood is at risk here.

Kind Regards

JW.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X