• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vehicle Cat B - Never received a payout, ombudsman upheld complaint. What now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Cat B - Never received a payout, ombudsman upheld complaint. What now?

Hello guys!

I am new to the forum, just read a post about someone who resolved an issue out with r their insurance company and got a cat B resolved to a CAT N.

My case is a little different. So my car was involved in an accident & the police got involved etc. I had a full licence to my knowledge at the time & it was showing on the DVLA license check etc. I had a fully comp policy out with XS Direct who are now bankrupt.

So the police apparently said that I was disqualified from driving at the time of the accident & I ended up getting charged and disqualified & lost my license due to these errors but on top of this I have lost a huge sum of money for my vehicle which I still have as it is a Category B write off from the insurance company.

so I never received a payout or any updates from the insurance in regards to my claim that I put in as they ended up rejecting it because apparently the police told them I was disqualified at the time so my policy wasn’t even valid or something. But they still sent out an engineer to view my vehicle & make a report & I told the engineer that I have been quoted for a repair and will be repairing the vehicle myself as the insurance haven’t updated me with anything. It was my first time ever making a claim with insurance for a vehicle so I didn’t really know what to expect.

my vehicle got CAT B write off, I never got paid out for my vehicle. Insurance completely left me in the dark about my claim or any payouts or even that my car was a CAT B. I had no idea what was going on as they left me with my vehicle so I didn’t expect any categorisation as I hadn’t been informed of anything & told the claim wasn’t valid due to my license issues.

I then went ahead and started getting repairs done on my car & was getting it ready to put back on the road & when I was trying to remove my private plate from the vehicle the dvla website didn’t let me remove it due to some errors. I then phoned dvla who told me my car was written off and it should have been scrapped. I did a hpi check on the vehicle and it came back as a cat B. I spent so much time and money into getting my car repaired only to find out it’s CAT B & I’ll be getting no payout for my car and I ended up getting charged and having community service aswell as a ban.

during that time I was getting my vehicle repaired and then when I found out about the cat B I tried to find out what’s going on but the xs direct was going bankrupt and no one was contacting me or anything. After so long I managed to get through to the people who took control of the claims and they wouldn’t help, I went to ombudsman and they upheld the complaint too.

I tried to get al the images and Videos and anything the engineer had at the time of the vehicle report as the vehicle has been repaired a lot since but we only had 1 photo to base it on and I got na engineer to do a report on the vehicle and he said it would have been a cat S or N not a B. I showed this to ombudsman they didn’t accept this as the engineer made the report based on a photo but that’s all the information that the insurance would provide me in the report. I didn’t see how getting a physical engineer out to see the vehicle would make a difference as the initial report was based on a damaged vehicle and mine had majority repairs complete.

this has been going on for over 3 years and now the ombudsman have upheld the complaint because of my enginner making a report basedd on the picture.

I still have my vehicle with some minor repairs left. I stopped the repairs because of this issue and it was CaT B and I didn’t want to carry on till it’s resolved. I paid 50,000 for the vehicle and it still holds good value. I want my car back on the road as it should never have been a category B. Especially never being paid out. Under interference of goods act I should be able to do something atleast.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X