• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DART Charge PCN Baliff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DART Charge PCN Baliff

Just joined this forum. I've received a Final Notice given to me by a bailiff with a charge of £425.50

The facts as I have them are :-

- I used the bridge on 26th Nov 2019
    - I paid late on the 29 Nov 2019
    - The Final Notice the bailiff gave me last week was addressed to No. 14 in my road, whereas I live at No. 19.
    - No letters from DART or anything related to this have been received at my address.
    - On checking with the occupier of No. 14 the post addressed to me has been returned to sender or discarded.
    - The bailiff noticed the car concerned was parked at my address on private ground and knocked on my door.
    - On checking I saw a small typo on the address shown on the V5 for my car. The first letter of the road name was missing, but it clearly shows 19 and not 14.
    - Car tax reminders from the DVLA have arrived successfully.
    - I showed the bailiff my receipt for the payment on the 29th Nov 2019.
    - The bailiff was understanding and suggested I contact the Dart charge folks to resolve this.
    - I have emailed forms TE7 and TE9 and a copy of my payment receipt to tec@justice.gov.uk.
    - So far not had any positive responses.

My opinions:-

- As I paid the change on the 29th and as a consequence they had my car Reg number, my email address and credit card number from that transaction, I'm astonished that they couldn't relate the record of my crossing on the 26th with my payment on the 29th, or use any of that information to contact me.
    - Hasn't this been a total waste of public funds and a cause of unnecessary stress to myslef
    - I accept that I paid late and will accept paying the late payment penalty

Would any legal eagles have words of wisdom related to this.

Thanks

Ken
    Last edited by KenS; 30th March 2021, 12:23:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X