• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ—Bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ—Bailiffs

hi, I am new to the situation and posting for the first time. I am sorry if this a known issue. I saw good help here so taking the opportunity. Any help and advice is highly appreciated. I am single mum with two kids.
    on 25/3/2021, bailiff knocked our flat door, to our shock to collect £2154.80 he didn’t give any chance to say anything, he was threatening to enter and cease the assets and car. It was a shock I didn’t know what I could do given no time, I paid it.
    now, digging into the issue
    i moved to Maidenhead in Feb 2015 to a rented flat, getting settled with schools etc, flat got burgled in April 2015. They got private parking with allocated bay. I was given a parking permit in April2015
    I was so stressed about the burglary and police visits etc, I forgot to change my car keepers address on v5
    i got couple tickets in June 2015 because the permit fell down and it was like that for few days as I didn’t drive the car maybe so they gave tickets alternative days, and I emailed the flat management to waive them off. They mentioned that they don’t get involved and I should be contacting the parking company myself. I could recollect all this as I went thru all my emails.
    I generally don’t ignore to action on those and I now don’t remember what I did, if I called them and got them cancelled or not.
    it seems that they were sending letters to my previous address based on car reg address.
    As i wasn’t aware of that, and because the landlord didn’t change the front broken flat door until June 2015 I had to move out by end of July 2015

when I moved I got my car v5 updated

later I moved to reading by end of August 2016 and my v5 says I changed the address in Feb 2017

on Feb 26th 2020, I received a letter from DCBL saying I owe £1040.04 which I am searching where this is, sorry my bad memory.

i emailed them on same day, querying the details, they emailed me back asking my name and address for security purpose which I gave them.

they emailed back saying it is to do with parking tickets issued in 2015.

I denied those tickets and said as far as I remember they were cancelled and asked for proof and details as I was sure that this must be a mistake,

I got another email from them in June 2020 with pictures of my car and saying that they will go via high court writ.

I thought they they are threatening and ignored.

now, when bailiff came to collect money on 25/3/21, the paper says the ccj claim made on 23/04/2020 and judgement day as 23/05/2020 ( nothing mentioned in June email from DCBL about this judgement, instead they wrote that they will go via hight court writ in June email)

i called the court and found that they gave the same previous address where they used to send letters, though they wrote to me on 26/02/2020 and me confirming my address via email on 26/02/2920 they filed a case in 23/04/2020 with my old address.
    I felt that they did this on purpose.
    now I got ccj on my credit report and lost £2154.80

i want to know, if it is my mistake, I will digest this bailiff toxic incident slowly and think it is my mistake.
    if not, can I fight this, will I win if I fight? Is it time waste to invest time and money?

I felt they they cheated the court and me with wrong address without the opportunity to defend it.

i am sorry for a such long post. Thank you for reading. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X