• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vauxhall finance collection fee.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall finance collection fee.

Good evening.I am currently undergoing a VT with vauxhall. they have finally got acknowledged my VT letter an email i sent. The email i sent was this. They have contacted me this evening about a £60* +VAT collection fee. i have scanned my credit agreemeant through and through and have found nothing about it, i am aware that this is just a scare tactic. I used the template off here and have added a few other bits. i have done a VT before via Close brothers and it went smoothly. I am now out of car finance and glad i am to be honest i wont be going back into that loophole again. Anyways here is the email and letter i sent them. Where do i stand with the collect fee please? They wanted me to reply to there "VT" pack they sent me to which i refused and used the template from here, They mention nothing about S.99 and S.100 in there pack and i think that is where they get most people.**Dear Sir / Madam,

TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT PURSUANT TO S.99
    OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Agreement number: -----

I am writing to notify you that I wish to invoke my statutory right under section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and hereby give you notice that the agreement is terminated effective immediately from the date of this letter. Please confirm by return acknowledgement of this email and to make arrangements for collection of the vehicle.

The condition of the car is noted as being in a reasonable condition for its age and photographic evidence has been taken in the event of any future dispute as to the condition of the vehicle.

You will be aware that the Consumer Credit Act limits my liability to half of the total amount payable under the agreement but excludes any sum payable as a penalty, compensation or damages for a breach of the terms of the agreement. Such terms imposed are inconsistent with my rights under the Act and are therefore deemed void and unenforceable.*

It says that**If you purchased GAP or other insurance or warranty products, such policies will*not*be terminated automatically as part of the Voluntary Termination process, and you will be required to pay for the product(s). If you wish to cancel your policy or policies, you will need to contact your insurer(s). Please refer to your policy documents for the applicable contact details. You may be entitled to a rebate on interest as a result of early settlement.*

If these will not be terminated automatically and i will have to cancel them myself then the fee of £536.92 will not be taken into account when paying the fee you have apposed. In addition as a good will gesture from my part, if you would like to call them for yourself and claim the rebate please feel free to do so. I will pay the fee of £143.19 as stated for the car.* I also have the original document in front of me which shows the cost of the warranty and gap insurance that come with the car was for a price of £878.00. So please explain to me where you have got the £1039 figure from? * *
    I have also had a look in my credit agreement and have found nothing about the collection fee you have mentioned in the prior email. Also S.99 states that i do not have to pay a collection charge for this vehicle therefore i will not paying the collection fee. I have looked at the Sites you mentioned in the email but all of these locations are well over 1:30 away therefore it is deemed unreasonable for me to travel there, Unless of course you wish to reimburse me the cost of travel to return home.

The vehicle is now available for collection and I would be grateful if you could contact me on ------to arrange a suitable time within the next 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

---------

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X