• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

50u prohibited Uturn pcn issues after 14 days of the incident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50u prohibited Uturn pcn issues after 14 days of the incident

Hi
    i just received pcn from Merton council for performing prohibited U turn, date of the contravention 20/11/19 the date of the notice 05/12/19.
    I did challenge it saying you sent me the pcn late but they refused to cancel PCN.

Any advise on this?

Here is what they wrote: (also see attached pics)

Thank you for writing to us.
    We have carefully considered what you say but we have decided not to cancel your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
    We sent you a PCN because our CCTV camera evidence shows your vehicle making a U-turn that was not allowed. The 'no U-turn' sign is round, with a red border and white background. On it is a curved black line representing a U-turn with a red line through it meaning 'no U-turn'.
    I must advise that once a contravention is observed the council must apply to DVLA for the details of the registered keeper. Upon receipt of these the PCN will then be issued. On occasions there may be delays within the process. The council must issue the PCN within an appropriate timescale and this is considered to be 3
    months. This PCN is not therefore invalid.
    Whilst I note your comments regarding Popola, I can advise that within London the adjudication process is undertaken by London Tribunals.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X