• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA fine, Failure to Insure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA fine, Failure to Insure

DVLA are chasing me for not having insurance on a vehicle I traded with a dealership at the end of March 19. They say I did not notify them of change of ownership at the time of the vehicles transfer to the dealer, I did, within a couple of days and sent the tear off slip first class post. In mid June we left the UK for a tour of Europe returning mid Oct19 to find letters, basically fining me for not notifying them. I was quite shocked, so called them to be told I should have called them after four weeks if I did not recieve notification of the transfer. I wrote to them explaining that I wasnt aware that they didnt receive the document that I sent them and I included the bill of sale from the dealership. They replied with a standard letter telling me that the fine stood at £100 but would be reduced to £50 if paid by the 11th Nov 19. I am not happy as i did what was asked of me, and wasnt aware that it was my responsibilty to chase them (surly that cant be correct). I still havnt recieved my vehicle Tax refund either which equates to 8 months. What can I do, I dont like the fact that this department seems to have total control over this and can hide behind words on a little piece of paper that i didnt even know existed.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X