• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VWFS VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWFS VT

I know there have been several similar posts so apologies for starting a new thread.

I have VT’d my Audi after 4 years as it was nearing the end of its lease and I am moving away with no need for a car. I went over the mileage agreed and have now been charged heavily for the excess mileage.

my car was purchased under a hire purchase agreement and I am of the understanding that there are no charges that can be claimed for excess mileage on hire purchase

VWFS have disagreed and said that I will need to pay the amount they are asking for.

any help from similar situations would be much appreciated.

I initially wrote to them to dispute these charges, mentioning sections 99 and 100, part 1 and 4, of the consumer credit act 1974, citing the similar case of Mercedes Benz versus Cahalane Feb 2018.

they then replied stating that clause 11 is worded to ensure that liability for the excess mileage occurs prior to termination and therefore I remain fully liable for any excess mileage charges.

I would like to go to the ombudsman to take this further, but am concerned that VWFS will not give me enough time to do this.
    Last edited by Psc2020; 9th October 2019, 19:27:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X